The how to guide: Clean your microwave with lemons.
1. Pour water in the bowl: Measure about a half cup of water into the bowl.
2. Squeeze the lemon: Slice the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the water. Drop the lemon halves into the bowl. 🍋
3. Microwave for 3 minutes: Place the bowl in the microwave. Microwave on high power for three minutes so the liquid comes to a boil.
4. Let stand for 5 minutes: Do not open the microwave door. The steam trapped inside will help loosen food gunk. Let stand for five minutes.
5. Wipe the microwave clean: Open the door and carefully remove the bowl with the lemons. If your microwave has a turntable, lift it out and wipe it clean. Wipe the inside of the microwave clean starting with the ceiling and the sides. Finish with the floor, sweeping any crumbs into your hand. Don’t forget the door!
6. Cleaning stubborn spots: If you come across stubborn spots that won’t easily wipe away, dip the corner of your dishtowel in the lemon water and scrub until the spot comes away. ✨